Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Last Melon...

HEY EVERYBODY! How is everybody doing? :) We are just going hambony in the paint here in Chile! Such a great week! Startin with the questions like always. :)

-This week we were veryyyy busy. It was great! Elder Harries and I only have had 4 hours in our sector this whole week. We have been traveling all around the mission capacitating and doing divisions. This week we also had our ¨trunky day¨ where we went to the temple to give accounting, went to lunch with President and the Hna Barreiros, and then we went to the airport to take pictures. Crazy!!
-We didnt go to the coast this week because we had to go visit a diferent zone. 
-I got over my allergies I think... :)

Well, as some of you may know... this is my last email I will send home from Chile as a representative of Jesus Christ. So I am going to tell a quick story.

I remember when I first got here to Chile. I didnt know spanish... I didnt even know the doctrine of Jesus Christ very well. Well, we were trained a little bit in the CCM (MTC) until the day came that it was time to leave. I remember feeling nervous because I had learned to love the teachers, companions, etc. I left the CCM (MTC), I remember that the AP´s of President came to pick us up. On the way to Presidents house I remember that one of the missionaries asked me if I wanted to contact someone on the subway. Hahaha i remembered thinking, ¨Are you crazy?¨ But I remembered some of my favorite verses from the Book of Mormon (Read Verse  4, then 3):
3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughtsthat any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
 4 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities,suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.
I remembered that the sons of Mosiah were so hyped to share the gospel with everyone, that when they even thought of not doing it, it made them shake and tremble. So, what did I do? I opened my mouth with one of my companions Elder Brooks. I said, ¨Hola!¨ And this woman said, ¨Hola...¨ and nothing more. Well, with this response I was a little nervous and thought that she didnt want to talk. So what did I do? I stopped talking...
I have always thought about this experience in my mission... why did I not start talking again? That woman could have been a chosen one. What happened? Some of my favorite verses explain the following:
 12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.
 13 Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth.
 14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
 15 Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites.
I was scared. I did not have the faith to continue talking to that daughter of God. I love the words, ¨...until after their faith.¨ It is a great lesson. As children  of God we cannot see miracles until after the test of our faith. What is the faith? It is action. As we act, and as we are obedient the Lord can work miracles in our lives and in those around us. I know that. I love the mission. These past two years I have worked hard and I have been obedient to the commandments of the Lord (I dont say that to boast, but because I delight in following our Lord Jesus Christ.). And because of that... I have been able to see a miracle in my life. I have seen a conversion. I too can say that I love sharing the gospel with others. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. These have been the best two years of my life.
I appreciate everyones support and love. I love you all!
I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He loves us. I bear testimony that He is our Savior. That He suffered for our sins and that He has the power to forgive. I know that all of us have the same potential to become clean of sin, and go back home to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. That the Restored Church of Jesus Christ is upon the earth. I know that anyone who is humble and has real intent, can kneel down and ask God directly, ¨Is this true? I promise that I will do my part, but please let me know.¨ can receive an answer that these things are true. I have seen it time after time here in Chile.
I love you all and will see you guys next week!  Literally hahah wow thats weird
Ya boy

Elder Brophy :)

SQUAD of the APs :) 

A quote I have said a 100 times to myself this week .....
"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment