Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Time for Changes

Hey everyone! I am going to keep this letter short and sweet... I think all of my letters are pretty short anyways haha

-I havent opened any more Christmas presents. :) but I am excited to do so
-I started 12 Days of Christmas and it is amazing! Thankyou so much:)))
-I have no idea if the Hna Barreiros went to UT
-No one gave a Christmas tree this year but thats alright! :)
-I dont know if Chile has any Christmas traditions... not really. Hahah actually yes they do. So:

They eat dinner on Christmas Eve at like 10:30 at night. Then they stay up chatting until 12:00 at night. RIGHT when the clock ticks everyone opens up the presents that they received from Viejito Pascuero (Santa Claus). Kinda cool!

So tomorrow is the big Dale Brophy´s birthday to all those who are reading this! Give that guy a SHOUT OUT!

This week was incredible! Literally miracles! I would like to share one of them.

So, on Friday we found a guy named Hugo. He studies the Bible and has a lot of faith in Christ. He recently moved here to Talagante and lives alone. So, we taught him about the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. Anyways, yesterday we went to his house and he is half way done with 1 Nephi and believes that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. 

*Elder Brophy pukes*

So, testifying of the truthfullness of his statements, we invited him shortly after to be baptized. He accepted and will be baptized on the 2 day of January. Coolest thing about this experience? We didnt do anything. God prepared Hugo to receive the gospel. 

I know with all my heart that this is the true gospel. Christ lives. I know. I know that if we as missionaries/members are obedient to the commandments of God, we will be blessed. I know there are angels preparing others to receive the gospel... and if we aren´t obedient the work they do is in vain because we are not worthy to receive that blessing.

I love you all. Talk to you all next week!

Oh ps... i have changes so i will tell everyone where I am next week!

Elder Brophy Killas


Late night picture before bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment