Monday, November 24, 2014

SUP MASTA CHEF?

HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOO CHICKIOS! :) Elder Brophy coming atcha with a freaking sweet email. Hahahaha not really because not a ton happened this week BUT, I will try to make it worth reading. :) FIRST, as always, the questions of my mother.
-The Thanksgiving celebration was sick as fetch. HOLY sickness. I will explain more after the questions.
-I have eaten all the cereal you have sent me and I am now working on the granola hahah it is freaking so good.
-Yes, me and Elder Warrick have a potential baptism for the first week of December. :) His name is Dario.
-I would loveeee a CD of madisons mission. Holy trunky she is so close to coming home.
-I wasnt able to go to the temple but it was still fun because I went on divisions with Elder Walker. :)

Yeah, so this week was pretty abnormally normal. For two days this week, Elder Warrick was reallllyyyy really sick so we stayed in the house alot. He slept... and I studied. Hahahah I studied allllooot. It was kind of nice but I really wanted to get out of the house. Luckily he got better for Friday (his birthday) and the actividad de Accion de Gracias (Thanksgiving). 

The WHOLE day Friday Elder Warrick and I, and two other Elders cooked. Holy fetch monkey it was stressful. I know why moms are so freaking stressed and jacked (strong) after stirring mashed potatoes for an hour hahahah. In total we made:
-7 Pies
-3 whole pans of mashed potatoes
-2 HUGE bowls of stuffing
-Vegetables
-A whole turkey
... I might be missing a couple things but it was to say the least.... CRAZY. Everything turned out REALLY good and we had a really amazing time. It was held at a Parcela (A fancy house pretty much) so there was a pool and a soccer field and a tramp and stuff for the little kids to play with while the parents talked with investigadores and other miembros! :) It was super bakan. We even taught all the kids to play American Football. I got a huge grass stain on my shirt from getting tackled by E. Warrick but dont worry mom, it came all the way out. :)

Besides that nothing really else happened. Last night Elder Brown and Walker came over to the house to stay over night because me and Elder Warrick had left a couple of things in La Islita (far from our sector) from Church so they brought them to us and stay the night last night. It was freaking awesome because we drank a lot of Mate and shared cool stories. :)

Besides that..... nothing else really happened hahaha:) It was a really slow week for me but a good one igual. OH, and this next week we have changes! SO, by next monday you will all know if I am staying in Calera (I hope so) or going somewhere else and the same with my companion!!:) Pretty freaking crazy... Cant believe I am not in training anymore... Pretty cool. :)

SPIRITUAL MOMENT OF THE WEEK KILLAS:
During the time that Elder Warrick was sick, I listened to a couple general conference talks. And one of my favorites was from Elder Holland when he talked about the poor. He talked about how we need to help the poor. We need to give to the poor. He said (something along these lines)- ¨Yes, sometimes the poor put themselves into their own bad situations... But arent we ALL beggars? Dont we ALL ask for forgiveness?¨ We cannot ask anything of God if we do not give of ourselves to those who ask us for things right? When I heard that it hit me really hard. Yes, sometimes it is hard to give to someone asking for money on the street... (Wondering where the money will go) but we could at least offer to buy him/her food or a bus ticket or something of the sort. That was my thought this week. I know that through the Lord´s mercy we are saved. I know that when we are in the service of others, we are in the service of God. My challenge to all of you reading this today is to try to help someone throughout this next week.

Anyways, everybody stay safe in the 801 and I love you all.
KEEP KILLIN IT
Elder Brophy




No comments:

Post a Comment